This is our travel journal, a record of the adventures with the children where ever that may be.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Prince Edward Island

(Rachel) A couple of days ago, we went on a bike ride. We stopped at a little parking lot where you could walk down to the beach. Wilson and I kept thinking "should we get in or should we not?" Finally, Wilson took off his shirt and jumped in. I coudln't believe what he just did, so I did it too! It was freezing cold. Wilson and I would wait for a big wave and we would jump over it. When a really big wave came, we would run for shore. I usually didn't make it, but Wilson did. The cool thing about the ocean is that you could walk knee depth about 50 feet into the ocean and it wouldn't even get up to your belly button. After we got out we were soaked, so Mom said "run around the beach like crazy and dry off!" I found a couple little baby shells. Wilson and I also found this little shallow pond with a stream running down to the ocean. It was full of alge and gross green stuff. Wilson tasted it to see if it was fresh or salty. It was fresh and that made me wonder if it was coming from people's houses! We quickly got out of the water. AFter we were done playing at the beach, we kept biking along the road. Mom and I came to a big apple tree. They were beautiful pink apples. We stuck them in our shirts and mom said, "we'll make applesauce!" It sounded good. We came to a small town and played at a park. Alena had a lot of fun. We ate at a good restaurant and it was good.

When we got back to the RV, Mom tried the apples we had picked and said they were the sourest she had ever eaten! SHe tried another to be sure and we ended up throwing them all out in the woods.


We went to the place where LM Montgomery lived and where she wrote Anne of Green Gables. It was very fascinating. One thing that this nice lady told us is that when Montgomery published her book, it was so famous that people from all over the world came to her house and would take a piece of her house off! Without asking!! When her uncle had had enough, he tore the house down. Now there is only the cellar left.

Yesterday we went to a place where the tides are the highest/lowest in the whole world! In just a few hours in can rise up to 55 feet in the area we are in.

I can't wait to see you all when we get home! Bye, Rachel

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel, I can't believe ya'll can be home in a week! It seems like you have been gone forever. I bought a new (old ) game on ebay because Dammy reccommended it and it's called Masterpiece. We have to play it when you get home. I took it to Indigo and Chris's and they figured out how to play it which was neat because I didn't want to read the instructions. Love, Monkey PS I'm glad you didn't taste that water because one drop of water can hold alot of amoebas!

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've tried the warm salt water and it's NASTY!

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you frolicked in that cold water!!! But you made it look like such fun, I may have even tried it myself! Can't wait to see you all!

2:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home