This is our travel journal, a record of the adventures with the children where ever that may be.

Friday, September 01, 2006

the momma's still doing great!

To all you pessimists who thought I was crazy to do the RV thing with 3 kids, I have proved you wrong! OK, so there are moments when I want to scream, but they are fewer than even I imagined. Mostly, we are all getting along beautifully. I see the children getting along even better than before. Wilson and RAchel are playmates again and sooo cute with Alena. I am missing my kitchen though and dying to bake! Ahhh homemade biscuits. Cooking hasn't been too bad though. I must thank Bob for the Bubba's chili. That was my favorite meal so far! Dump it on Fritos,and top it with cheese and voila!! We've been craving it ever sense.

I loved touring Dan's gardens and am missing mine. I hope people are pulling down to pick okra and squash! I tried his fava beans and beets and onions..fabulous! But, the dandelion wine.....I'll try to save some for you to try Mom, but it will be hard!

Yesterday was fun for Daren mostly. Getting him to leave Joggins, Nova Scotia was difficult. We were on the beach looking for fossils from the Carboniferous age and he was in heaven.I had to limit him to 30 pounds of fossils to bring home. He has a wonderful specimen of a tree with branch. He was in heaven with his hammer and screwdriver! Wilson said it would have been more fun if the fossils were of creatures and not trees. They have found prints from amphibians and reptiles there, but those are rare to find.

We're off to walk on the ocean floor as it's now low tide! Missing you all tons! love, jessie

Oh, have we mentioned the mosquitoes?? OH MY GOD!!! We’re fighting both the fresh water and salt marsh type now and it’s awful! We run from them everywhere, even the 2km hike we just did! To those whom I have professed my love of the homeopathy Ledum, let me tell you how much more I am convinced of it’s awe-inspiring power. Even Alena will relax from her frantic itching after 3 minutes of having taken ledum. GO GET SOME NOW!! Daren and I also both got stung one day by yellow jackets and within minutes the stings were gone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just talked to Sal and he leaves in the morning on a power boat for Ft. Lauderdale. He said he was disappointed that he would miss ya'll. love,mom

8:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never doubted you for a minute! Still, I'm glad it's going so well!
Have fun coming home! See you soon!

2:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home