This is our travel journal, a record of the adventures with the children where ever that may be.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Williamsburg, VA

(jessie - August 1st) It seems I'm the only blogger on this trip. The others aren't motivated and are worn out. Touring Williamsburg in 100 degree heat left us dragging and grumpy. I believe I mentioned that Arvy was "raring to go." Well, he made it about 15 miles before losing power again. We limped on to Williamsburg anyway. I'm sure people were shaking fists at us..."can't you go faster?" Well...no. After some online research tonight and Daren's handiness and forethought to bring extra parts, Arvy is once again raring to go. I am more confident than ever!

Williamsburg was a bit of a disappointment to us. Perhaps the costumed workers were just as hot as we(hotter due to the amount of clothing they wear)and tired of their same shpell. We really had to ask questions to learn anything as they weren't that forthcoming. But, we did it and i think it did give the kids a feel for what an early colony was like. We couldn't do Jamestown today and so will go tomorrow.

Perhaps tomorrow looking back, we will be more enthusiastic about Wiliamsburg. I'm already thinking well...I did learn that 2 curls on men's wigs meant that they were a leutinant and that the preachers wore crazy white wigs for humility. The tailors had to apprentice for 7 years, and every shoe makers shop had different sizes and so you always must be properly measured. I want some of those hand made boots! Rachel did say that the carpenters exhibit was her favorite. Alena decided she is scared of cows and they really don't say MOOOO subtly. It was loud and scary!

Wilson and I have finished the last Harry Potter book by the way. I am in deep depression to have finished. Like saying farewell to an old friend forever. sad sad....We both agree that the last book was the best. I cried and cried...sad...happy...didn't matter. Never does. Rachel is finally interested in reading them and is on the 2nd book.

Buenos Noches Amigos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home